There are no pictures so you'll have to take my word for it. . .
I mowed our yard.
Yes, I know. You are amazed and astounded. I am too. It took Gary having knee surgery and my fear of our yard looking the worst in the neighborhood to accomplish this feat.
Gary is doing better, although he still needs at least one crutch most of the time to get around. So, in light of our situation, I took it upon myself to mow the yard. I did require help starting the mower but once that happened, the task wasn't too bad. I only slightly damaged some flower bed border in my quest to cut as close as possible. I am, I will admit, afraid of the weedeater so my goal was to do as much as possible with the mower.
I believe the last time I mowed a yard was 20 years ago when I had to mow a couple of acres at my parents' house. This was done on a riding mower; I was getting paid by the hour, and I used the time to work on my tan.
None of that happened today.
My, how things have changed.
You think I can score $20 out of this deal?
Anyone?
Yeah, me neither but it was worth a shot.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, it's too late now....but Dad and I would have paid $20 to WATCH you mowing!! Way to go! We're proud of you! Take pictures of the yard....and the smile on Gary's face! Love you!
Post a Comment