I have no photographic documentation (I know, shame on me). However, Daniel and I were part of a 5th grade field trip to learn about the War of Northern Agression (some of you may know it as the Civil War).
Okay. Let's see. What do I say here?
We were learning about The War from a completely northern point of view. (I also have issues with the fact that they do not teach Texas history in Ohio but that's for another day.)
General Robert E. Lee was never mentioned and the only battles referred to were victories for the north. How educational was this really then I ask you? Sure they learned how to march, how to hold a gun, how to build a blockade, etc. But they never learned the truth about the war. Such a travesty.
It's clear to me what my next priority will be: Downloading "Dixie" as my cellphone ringtone. We may live in the north but we are southerners through and through!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment