Monday, February 25, 2008

Countdown to "The Birthday"


Most, if not all of you, know that Noah has a very special birthday. He was born on February 29, 2000 which means that he only has an actual birthday once every four years. That date is upon us and we are getting ready to celebrate. While the party will be small in number (he only wanted his close friends - 5 in number plus his brother) the celebration will be fabulous.

I, his mother, cannot believe he is turning 8 (or two depending on your counting).

We have a tradition in this Nelson household - something known as "Birthday Week". This means that when it is within 7 days of your birthdate - you are the star all week. He was complaining to me earlier ( I suppose he figures I am the sympathetic party in our foursome) that people (and by "people" I mean his brother and his father) are teasing him about his birthday. I told him that everyone's birthday is special because that is a day set aside for just them. His birthday is extra special because it only comes along once every four years. He needn't worry about the teasing, he should rejoice in the celebration.

Anyway, anyone wanting to wish him "Happy Birthday" can do so anytime this week. His actual birthday is on Friday, February 29 but we like to make the birthdays last as long as possible in our house.

And . . . as soon as his birthday is over, we will begin the countdown to his father's 40th!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday. I will be leaving you more love Noah! I miss yall! :0)

Anonymous said...

Noah...even Grandpa has started telling everyone about your 8th birthday (instead of your 2nd...as he teases you!) We are anxious to hear all about your celebration! Much love...Mimi and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy Happy Birthday again. Are you getting good birthday week stuff? I hope its fun. You must take pictures. Hope to see you soon! I love you!

Anonymous said...

That last comment is from me. hahhahah