Saturday, March 1, 2008

Events of the birthday

In case you were wondering what we did to celebrate the big "2":
Gary and I took Noah lunch at his school (he requested McDonalds). There are 2 other kids in Noah's school that share his birthday. Immediately after school, Noah, Daniel and 5 of Noah's friends went to see "The Spiderwick Chronicles". I have to say that even I enjoyed that movie. After almost 2 hours of cinema entertainment, we continued the party at "Stevi B's", a local pizza buffet and game restaurant. The boys had pizza, salad, and birthday cake (actually cupcakes frosted to resemble a sheet cake). We then said adieu to most of the guests at Stevi B's. We carried the party home with our two boys plus Walker, our next door neighbor, and Kyle, Noah's best friend in Ohio. The boys had several Guitar Hero duels before calling it a night. After the 4 boys were quiet in bed, Gary and I had our own Guitar Hero duels and we tied with each of us winning 2 matches. I have since been honing my skills and am confident I can win all of the duels henceforth. I will be challenging Gary asap. Noah spent Saturday selecting entertainment from iTunes to load onto his new iPod Nano. He received 2 iTunes gift cards that he promptly used to buy songs, some episodes of his favorite tv shows and a movie. All of these will come in handy when we are traveling to and from Texas later this month. He has more than enough to keep him occupied on the 2 hour flight. Thank you to Daniel, Mamoo and Granddaddy for those gift cards - they are great! We are all exhausted from the partying and will be turning in early tonight (after a little more Guitar Hero practice :)).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the update...and pictures! Amy, you should write..or "journal"..you are great at it!! Thanks and Love...Mom

Anonymous said...

Loved the update...and pictures! Amy, you should write..or "journal"..you are great at it!! Thanks and Love...Mom