Noah began electric guitar lessons today. Yep, that's right. Electric guitar lessons. Why I am doing this to myself I have no idea. However, he is our only child with an interest in music and I want that to be encouraged. He is taking lessons at Guitar Ranch which is conveniently blocks from our house in beautiful downtown Findlay. His teacher is Wesley, which Noah described as "a fun teacher". Apparently, Noah told Wesley all about his band, "Twisted Friends" and the songs he has written. I say apparently because Noah was adamant that I not stay for the lesson. He's only 8 and yet my mere presence can cause embarrassment. I thought we had a few more years until this happened but I have been proven wrong. Not the first time folks and I'm sure it won't be the last. I would have taken a picture of his new teacher if I thought I could get away with it but clearly, that would have pushed Noah over the edge. The close up picture is a reenactment of his facial expression when I asked him if he wanted me to stay for the lesson.
Monday, March 3, 2008
First Guitar Lesson
Noah began electric guitar lessons today. Yep, that's right. Electric guitar lessons. Why I am doing this to myself I have no idea. However, he is our only child with an interest in music and I want that to be encouraged. He is taking lessons at Guitar Ranch which is conveniently blocks from our house in beautiful downtown Findlay. His teacher is Wesley, which Noah described as "a fun teacher". Apparently, Noah told Wesley all about his band, "Twisted Friends" and the songs he has written. I say apparently because Noah was adamant that I not stay for the lesson. He's only 8 and yet my mere presence can cause embarrassment. I thought we had a few more years until this happened but I have been proven wrong. Not the first time folks and I'm sure it won't be the last. I would have taken a picture of his new teacher if I thought I could get away with it but clearly, that would have pushed Noah over the edge. The close up picture is a reenactment of his facial expression when I asked him if he wanted me to stay for the lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment